All Star Cheerleading 101
What is All Star Cheerleading?
- All Star cheerleading is an athletic activity that combines elements of gymnastic tumbling, dance, acrobatics and traditional cheerleading skills such as jumps and arm motions.
- Teams consist of up to 36 athletes performing exciting, professionally choreographed 2½ minute routines set to music.
- All Star teams are purely competitive and do not perform any traditional team support or crowd leading duties for sports teams or schools.
- Our teams compete against other All Star teams from across the region and the country at a full schedule competitions between November and April each year, with most teams attending between eight and ten events.
- Team schedules vary. Some teams travel extensively to major competitions, while some primarily compete locally.
- Teams are set up by age-group and South Austin Elite offers options to suit every athlete.
- The age groups offered are: Tiny (3-5yrs), Mini (6-8yrs), Youth (9-11yrs), Junior (12-14yrs), Senior (15-18yrs) & Open (17yrs+)
- Teams also compete at specific difficulty levels ranging from level 1 for beginners, up to level 5 for athletes with advanced skills. Our training program is designed to help athletes develop their skills and move to higher levels as they grow in the sport.
- All Star is a co-ed activity and is great for boys as well as girls. Some teams compete exclusively in co-ed divisions and some in all-girl divisions.
- All star is a great way for children and young people to improve fitness and co-ordination.
- It is also a great environment for developing confidence and self esteem as well as developing positive life skills, personal values, sportsmanship and teamwork. Check out our TESTIMONIALS page for stories from real South Austin Elite parents about how All Star cheerleading and South Austin Elite have positively impacted their children.